Carros de foc
With mountain skis
The best trip you can do with mountain skis in the Pyrenees
Get carried away on skis doing idyllic trails and great descents in a lonely and wild environment. At the end of the day, we will only have to enjoy the comfortable shelters of the National Park.
From € 660
Do you have any questions?
Official guide Carros de Foc UIMLA / UIAGM
4 days stay in high mountain refuges with half board (optional add PICNIC + 60€)
Official Carros de Foc Pass
Official T-shirt of Carros de Foc
Technical advice before and during the trip.
Does not include
Transport at the beginning of the journey
Extra consumption in shelters outside the contracted regime
About the trekking
It all started in the summer of 1987, when some guards in the area spontaneously decided to walk around the National Park of Aigües Tortes and Estany de Sant Maurici in a single day, they only intended to make a simple courtesy visit to others refuge.
This first visit was followed by others and in the same spontaneous way the name Carros de Foc was born.
Over the years, this trek has become the great classic of the Pyrenees, a must-see place for all mountain lovers.
Espot – Estany de Sant Maurici – Cim de Ratera o d’Amitges – Refugi de Saboredo
Refugi de Saboredo – Cim Montardo – Refugi Ventosa i Calvel
Refugi Ventosa i Calvell – Coll de Contraix – Refugi Llong
Refugi Estany Llong – Portarró d’Espot – Pic de Portarró – Refugi d’Amitges
Refugi d’Amitges – Cim de Ratera o d’Amitges – Espot
- Backpack 30-40 liters
- Mountain ski equipment (skis, boots, skins, knives, poles)
- Avalanche safety equipment (ARVA + spare batteries, shovel, probe)
- Technical clothing: Socks. Waterproof pants, thermal mesh.
- Thermal t-shirt (first layer). A spare.
- Polar lining or similar (second layer).
- Light and thin primaloft jacket or feathers.
- Gore-Tex type jacket (third layer). Cap for the sun. Sunglasses.
- Thin and thick waterproof gloves.
- Light front (spare batteries).
- Small, lightweight sheet and towel bag.
- Bottle or water bag type Camelback minimum 1 liter.
- First aid kit and personal toilet.
- Sun cream and lip protection.
- Telescopic poles
PLACE AND TIME OF MEETING